Creativity and New Media

I was someone who took 4 years of photography and video editing in high school, but never really ventured out and used new media (it didn't explode until my senior year) as an outlet for inspiration and creativity.

It wasn't until one of my previous co-workers had ventured out and started his own YouTube channel when my interest had peaked. I never considered making or editing videos, since it was a platform that didn't really interest me until college where I needed a place to watch short 10 minutes instead of long episodes on TV. As a result, I felt as though I could help him somehow with his work. He was struggling with Premiere Pro since it was his first time using an editing software, and as with most YouTube channels, having a channel banner and outro background for upcoming videos was standard.

So I helped him! I created a sample sequence featuring one of his b-roll shots on a background and had it run through Photoshop and Premiere Pro as part of the editing. Below is a small sample of what I created.


Comments

  1. I was never able to edit videos very well and use programs to put together a professional video. I think you did very well. Good job and continue your hard work! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts